Equipped with sufficient books and committed funds, the Bangalore City College boasts of a huge knowledge bank to be used and imbibed by the students. The library shall issue cards to the students who can have access to the library based on library timings. The books at the library include books on Management, Computer Applications, Biological Sciences, Nursing & other educational general books, magazines and various newspapers.
ID Cards will be issued to all the students after admission. The card will be valid only if it is duly signed by the Principal with his seal. The students will be allowed to enter the college premises only on production of his / her card. In case the ID Card is lost a duplicate card can be issued on payment of Rs. 100 / -
BANGALORE CITY GUIDANCE AND PLACEMENT CENTER
Students who successfully complete their courses can register their names with this center for any assistance in getting a job. This organisation has made a remarkable tie-up with many reputed firms to accommodate our students anywhere in the world.
At Bangalore City College we make sure that our students have access to state of the art lab facilities. The cutting edge science laboratories are fully equipped with the necessary infrastructure, seating & lighting capacity and the latest equipments for conducting the prescribed experiments to aid students' practical education.
Computing skills are an asset in any area of management . In recognition of this, the Institute has invested in a state of art computer lab with internet and multimedia facilities. The services are accessible during lab hours and also access is granted to the lab at all times to the student. All the machines are Pentium connected over a LAN. The student shall have access to a variety of main stream PC, Software Industry, Standard Application packages and a host of other software for analyzing business problems.
The Bangalore City has its own transport system where the students can avail the facility.
RECREATION, COMPUTER VIDEO AIDS
A recreation hall is provided in the college with indoor games. The college has facilities to show video films on various subjects which are useful for the students.
Separate hostels for boys and girls are made available and security is provided. Students have to strictly abide by the rules and regulations of the hostel. The centralized, modern & well equipped kitchen provides nutritious and hygienic North Indian and South Indian homely food. The hostels are close to the college campus and based on affordability amenities and facilities. - a home away from home.
- Topper Student award
- Best sportsman award
- Endowment fund allocated to financially needy students
- Financial aid in the form of scholarship to be provided to students from respective religion and cast based associations/ sangha’s.
“SAY NO TO RAGGING”Ragging is strictly banned in Bangalore City College. If anybody found indulged in such kind of activities, strict action will be taken as per the college norms. Ragging is banned by Supreme Court of India. Hence anti-ragging committees has been formed and brought into operation.
FOLLOWING ACTS WITH FRESHERS SHALL AMOUNT TO RAGGING
- To force to address seniors as ‘Sir ‘
- To force to perform mass drills.
- To force to copy class notes for the seniors.
- To force to serve various errands.
- To force to do menial jobs for the seniors.
- To ask/answer vulgar questions.
- To force look at pornographic pictures to shock the fresher’s out of their innocence.
- To force to drink alcohol, scalding tea, smoking, etc.
- To force to do acts which can lead to physical injury / mental torture or death
- To force to do acts with sexual overtones, including homosexual acts.
PUNITIVE MEASURES FOR RAGGING
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the College, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging shall be one or any combination of the following:
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Debarring from any test/examination or any other evaluation process
- Collective punishment when the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not identified.
- Will be punished as per the law.